- RSS Channel Showcase 3664456
- RSS Channel Showcase 9358072
- RSS Channel Showcase 4930498
- RSS Channel Showcase 3612321
Articles on this Page
- 04/30/14--21:13: _Wa Jeal, Upper East...
- 05/28/14--21:58: _Jade Asian, Flushin...
- 12/04/14--21:10: _Hunan Kitchen of Gr...
- 12/10/14--21:23: _Dumpling Galaxy, Fl...
- 04/23/15--21:01: _Lake Pavilon, Flush...
- 05/21/15--21:04: _Hunan House, Flushi...
- 06/25/15--08:41: _Decoy, West Village...
- 09/22/15--21:21: _Shanghai Cuisine 33...
- 10/01/15--21:15: _Kung Fu Xiao Long B...
- 10/03/15--21:20: _Tuome, East Village...
- 02/27/16--21:24: _Asian Jewels Seafoo...
- 10/02/16--14:15: _Congee Village, LES...
- 02/13/17--21:57: _Hao Noodle and Tea ...
- 02/20/17--11:31: _Tangra Asian Fusion...
- 02/22/17--21:04: _Joy Luck Palace, Ch...
- 09/27/17--17:19: _Soy Bean Chen, Flus...
- 10/03/17--14:16: _Legend of Taste, Wh...
- 11/15/17--14:37: _Guan Fu Sichuan, Fl...
- 01/14/18--14:55: _Alpha Fusion, Midto...
- 04/16/18--21:09: _Alley 41, Flushing,...
- 04/30/14--21:13: Wa Jeal, Upper East Side, NYC
- 05/28/14--21:58: Jade Asian, Flushing, NYC
- 12/04/14--21:10: Hunan Kitchen of Grand Sichuan, Flushing, NYC
- 12/10/14--21:23: Dumpling Galaxy, Flushing, NYC
- 04/23/15--21:01: Lake Pavilon, Flushing, NYC
- 05/21/15--21:04: Hunan House, Flushing, NYC
- 06/25/15--08:41: Decoy, West Village, NYC
- 09/22/15--21:21: Shanghai Cuisine 33, Flushing, NYC
- 10/01/15--21:15: Kung Fu Xiao Long Bao, Flushing, NYC
- 10/03/15--21:20: Tuome, East Village, NYC
- 02/27/16--21:24: Asian Jewels Seafood Restaurant, Flushing, NYC
- 10/02/16--14:15: Congee Village, LES, NYC
- 02/13/17--21:57: Hao Noodle and Tea by Madam Zhu’s Kitchen, West Village, NYC
- 02/20/17--11:31: Tangra Asian Fusion Cuisine, Elmhurst, NYC
- 02/22/17--21:04: Joy Luck Palace, Chinatown, NYC
- 09/27/17--17:19: Soy Bean Chen, Flushing,NYC
- 10/03/17--14:16: Legend of Taste, Whitestone, NYC
- 11/15/17--14:37: Guan Fu Sichuan, Flushing, NYC
- 01/14/18--14:55: Alpha Fusion, Midtown West, NYC
- 04/16/18--21:09: Alley 41, Flushing, NYC
Food: ☆☆☆ Service: ☆☆☆ Ambiance: ☆☆ Cost: $$ ½ Must try: Wok Roasted Diced Chicken w/ Thousand Chili Wa Jeal Sichuan Chili House has brought some much needed fiery Sichuan flavors to the Upper East Side. Offering a menu with dishes such as Wok Roasted Diced Chicken w/ Thousand Chili that […]
Food: ☆☆☆ Service: ☆☆☆½ Ambiance: ☆☆ Cost: $$$ Must try: Dimsum, special tasting menus Flushing is rife with dimsum houses and restaurants that it is sometimes so hard to pick out the ones worth trying. Jade Asian was never on my radar until I was invited to a banquet there and treated to […]
Food: ☆☆☆½ Service: ☆☆☆½ Ambiance: ☆☆ Cost: $$$ Must try: BBQ Fish Hunan Style, Sautéed Dry String Beans, Pan Fried Noodles with Chicken Flushing, in Queens is a treasury chockfull of eateries of which Hunan Kitchen of Grand Sichuan is definitely one to visit. Serving the more uncommon cuisine from the Hunan Province, this spot serves a […]
Food: ☆☆☆½ Service: ☆☆☆ Ambiance: ☆☆☆ Cost: $ Must try: Egg and Cilantro,
Fish and Lotus Root, Duck Meat with Mushroom, Pork with Shrimp, Egg and Chives and the pan-fried dumplings. An official temple to dumplings has now been opened at Dumpling Galaxy at the brand new Arcadia Mall in Flushing. The owner is […]
Food: ☆☆ Service: ☆☆☆ Ambiance: ☆☆ Cost: $$ Pete Wells awarded two stars to Lake Pavilion – a Cantonese style restaurant in Flushing and I’m still scratching my head wondering why. Flushing is chockfull of hidden gems with really good food but in my opinion Lake Pavilion does not make that list. Actually I […]
Food: ☆☆☆ Service: ☆☆½ Ambiance: ☆☆ Cost: $$ Must try: Beef w/ Crisp Pepper, Chinese Long Bean And Eggplant Hunan House located on Northern Boulevard, across from Flushing’s historic Town Hall serves one of the best “Beef w/Crisp Pepper” I have ever had. This spot serves a menu filled with traditional Hunanese […]
Food: ☆☆☆☆☆ Service: ☆☆☆☆ Ambiance: ☆☆☆ Cost: $$$$ Must try: The Duck Meal Ed Schoenfeld and Joe Ng have struck that perfect culinary chord once again. I really love Red Farm and now can safely say that Decoy serves the best Peking Duck in New York City. Similar to Red Farm in design with […]
Shanghai Cuisine 33 on Main Street in Flushing does much more than just makes excellent Xiao Long Bao. This modern, clean, brightly lit Café offers Shanghainese favorites in a menu chockfull of tasty eats. The Xiao Long Bao is a must try with thin skins and a crabby broth which is full of […]
Kung Fu Xiao Long Bao in Flushing has one star dish and that is the “Xiao Long Bao” (soup dumplings). The most popular ones here are the ones with pork and crabmeat though there are other varieties available too. What sets them apart from other “Xiao Long Bao” in the area is the […]
I recently attended a tasting event hosted by the awesome folk from Tableog at Tuome and I have to say that Chef Thomas Chen really rocked the eats! Coming from a past in kitchens such as Eleven Madison Park and Commerce, Chef Chen is now constructing his own style of cooking where […]
For all the buzz that Asian Jewels Seafood Restaurant in Flushing has got and “Best Dim Sum” lists it has made it to – all I have to say is DO NOT GO! There is no reason to have such an average dim sum meal in Flushing, which is teeming with eateries that have such […]
There’s something so heart warming about a place like Congee Village serving super fresh and tasty Cantonese style food. Of course there is congee – and lots of it. You can choose from many kinds ranging from pigs blood to black mushroom. But don’t stop there. You must try their ‘Baked Rices’ which are served...
Hao Noodle and Tea by Madam Zhu’s Kitchen, has been an instant sensation since the time it hit the New York City. Having received two stars from Pete Wells and being put on Eater’s ‘Best New Restaurants of 2016’, Hao Noodles is certainly on its way. Started by Zhu Rong, a successful Beijing based restaurateur, Hao...
Ever tried Indian-Chinese Food? This signature cuisine was created by Hakka immigrants who settled in a place called Tangra in Calcutta, India over a century ago. Over generations they customized their food to suit the Indian palate by adding spices and heat to their wok cuisine. One of the first, and still the best restaurants to...
Probably the most photographed dish at the new dim sum sensation, Joy Luck Palace in Manhattan’s Chinatown, are the adorable pig-faced buns. There are several such cutesy renditions such as carrot-shaped glutinous rice dough or turtle/ armadillo shaped buns. However there is more than just these eye-catching gimmicks that make Joy Luck Palace a dim...
Only in Flushing could you enter a flower shop and grab a cup of the most delicious tofu to go for just $1.50. Enter ‘Soy Bean Chen Flower Shop’ where an old couple sits up front ladling out bowls of super rich and creamy tofu on which you can opt for a sweet or salty […]
When my friend Rich from Ethno Junkie said that some of the best Szechuan food in NYC was not in Chinatown but in Whitestone, Queens – I had to follow him there to find out for myself. I was not disappointed! Legends of Taste, is housed in a part of Queens you would ever peg […]
Guan Fu Sichuan in Flushing has for me, redefined Sichuan cuisine completely. The words “Guan Fu” literally translates to “Sichuan White House” showcasing a cuisine that was only accessible to the nobility in China. The owners Li Boru and Xue Wei had a vision of bringing these flavors historically enjoyed by the Chinese aristocracy, here […]
Alpha Fusion is Henry Yang’s Pan-Asian restaurant on 34th street, serving a mash up of Japanese, Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese cuisine. This Bond Street trained chef has always been passionate about experimenting with different flavors and textures. One of the signature dishes at Alpha Fusion is the “Sushi Pizza”. Chef Yang tops a thin fried tortilla […]
Alley 41 just might be one of the best Chinese restaurants I have eaten in recently. Chef Jaing comes with a host of accolades having won several master chef awards and a silver in the 2013 Top Chef. Combining his classical training in Sichuan cuisine along with his vast experience which includes having been Executive […]